Sunday, July 16, 2006

The trip to Dunkirk

We drove up to northern Calvert County this morning - very pretty country with its rolling hills. That's what I miss most about Virginia - winding mountain roads and scenic overlooks. And little wineries too - I miss the little wineries tucked away in Virgina's Shenandoah Valley. Maryland is really coming along in that respect. When we went to Sotterly's Wine Fest last year, Bill said that it reminded him of Virginia's wine festivals 15 years ago when they were just getting started. We really need to go to that as well. October 1st for Virginia wine, and the 7th for Maryland. Calendar is marked.

So, on the drive up there I worked on Cate. Right front is two thirds finished. Back and sleeves should be a breeze - hardly any shaping at all. Did I mention how much I love Giotto ribbon? And Colinette in general...

No comments: