Friday, February 09, 2007

What a hellish day I had yesterday! I woke up feeling like I had pinecones in my throat. We’re talkin’ four Motrin and three Tylenol are not taking care of the pain kind of pain. so I called the doctor’s. They’re very nice there, and they worked me in at 10:30. The PA said my throat looked red and yucky, but not necessarily like strep, so she prescribed Augmentin which is a little bit broader spectrum than plain old Amoxicillin. The kids have taken it for ear infections with no issue, but, I’ve never taken it myself. Well, let me tell you, it his hellish stuff. In the old days they used to die without antibiotics, but after this one, I only wished I were dead. One little pill and I sicker than a dog. That leftover Indian food I had for lunch – big mistake…

So I called the PA. She suggested Keflex. Keflex is the stuff that made my mother’s skin peel right off in sheets, so I said maybe not. We opted for plain old Amoxicillin, and she made me promise to call in three days if I wasn’t feeling lots better. I got home and crawled into bed around 6. When I woke up at 8:30, I was feeling a little better, because the Augmentin was out of my system but even today I’m still trying to swallow that pine cone. Oh, and look, it’s nine o’clock. I can have more Motrin. I think I’ll crawl into bed…and knit. Yes, I feel well enough to knit…

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel well enough to post pictures of my Collar Closing Cardigan.

No comments: