Monday, July 06, 2009

Adult Surprise Jacket - ASJ

Maybe it's the fabulous colors in this yarn that jazz me so much. Maybe it's the simple garter stitch over long rows, but for whatever reason, I feel like this project is going pretty quickly. I didn't work on it at all the first week after we started, but tons last week. The double decreases are done, and I've started the double increases, so that's probably a third of the way finished.

The yarn is Taiyo, but we just call it cotton Kureyon. I love, love, love this yarn. The colors are spectacular, and it has a nice smooth, soft hand. Seems the perfect yarn for the ASJ because mitered decreases really show off the colors, and no matter how the colors go in the yarn, it's perfectly symmetrical. And did I mention the colors? This color way has fabulous, clear jewel tones. It's so exciting to see them come along. Cathy chose a beautiful caramel, beige, and pink colorway that is beautiful as well. Mary, who was the first of the Leonardtown group to finish chose the gorgeous pink, black, and white colorway.

Can't wait to wear this fun colorful jacket!

No comments: