Monday, March 22, 2010

Tessa is coming along


I am dying to wear this vest.  It's been a pleasure to knit - the yarn is fabulous (Tupa silk and wool) and the color is so spring time. The fronts are done, and I've worked about an inch or so up the back.  I have 6 more rows with a single stitch bind off and then it's just straight stockinette on 62 stitches for 6 inches or so. The ruffled lapel stitches continue around the back of the sweater and meet in the center, rather like Chris Bylsma's Solo.  It's a beautifully smooth back neckline treatment. 


Blocking is definitely in order as the edge of this thing rolls like crazy--


Rather than using the steamer on it, though, I think I'll do a cold water block.  Takes more time, but it's just safer.  Can't start my Wickle-West until Tessa's done, so I need to get a move on.  This Wednesday is my goal. 

No comments: