Sunday, December 12, 2010

You're kidding me, right?

 In case you can't see the print, this is a jury summons.  Not familiar with such?  Well let me explain.  This is when you have to show up for days and days to view the court proceedings of someone who has been charged with a crime.  These cases can last a couple of days, or they can drag on for weeks and months.  As I understand it, you are required to sit in the jury box and not only stay awake, but listen attentively to the evidence presented.  All this you have to do patiently without your knitting.  Um, did you catch that?  WITHOUT MY KNITTING.  I don't do that whole sitting still thing very well without my knitting.  I am always surprised when people who see me knitting in the doctor's office waiting room or at some school sporting event with my knitting and feel compelled to tell me that they don't knit because they don't have the patience.  Excuse me?  How do you have the patience to sit and wait three hours without knitting?  Oh well.  Not everyone gets it.  Too bad for them.  Anyway, back to the Jury Summons.  I am not at all looking forward to serving my community in this way.  My life has been too much these past two weeks to deal with it right now.  It is raining, and I am cold and tired. My bed looks amazingly appealing although it is not even 9 p.m.  My dog agrees.


So I fixed myself a big mug of hot chocolate and got my Nob Hill Shrug and climbed on in. I'll think about jury duty tomorrow.

No comments: